Both Chinese cobalt porcelain and smooth blue Wedgewood ceramic flashed in our minds when Prabal Gurung's spring collection walked the runway, with their dripping blue-on-white Rorschach blots in silk. Meanwhile, Roberto Cavalli's blue on white take for resort was a bold baroque pattern edged with black silk or lace. These twists on a classic color combination inspired us to dedicate a mood board to the theme, featuring the lacelike patterns in the iris of an eye, the detail of a Baroque painting, and a vintage fashion shoot featuring Veruschka. Click ahead to get inspired for the season.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb