"Digital Maven, Art Director, Photographer, Writer, Entrepreneur, [and] Award-Winning Web Designer," according to her Twitter bio, Susan Clemens noticed that Target.com was selling two versions of its Mossimo Women's Kimono Maxi Dress: one in dark heather, and another in "manatee" as a plus-size offering. Jezebel helped Clemens call out Target, which responded, "We apologize for this unintentional oversight & never intend to offend our guests. We've heard you, and we're working to fix it ASAP." So far, that's meant quietly removing the manatee dresses from its website — lest its mammal customers take their business elsewhere.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve