Boasting beautiful stretches of beaches, renowned seafood, rich architecture, and a serious helping of genteel manners, Charleston is the perfect destination for those seeking measured Southern comfort. Immaculately preserved, the city is bustling with history while also experiencing a boom — it's now a culinary destination with James Beard–nominated restaurants. And on historic King Street, you can find a number of antique or jewelry shops mixed with Lululemon and Billy Reid. JetBlue has also begun flying direct from New York to Charleston, so lose the typical Manhattan black wardrobe and opt for colors and floral prints. Click ahead for 34 items worth packing for a trip to Charleston, plus some items you may want to bring back home.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times