Break away from desk life this Memorial Day weekend for Big Sur, a tangle of mountain and forests on the Northern California coastline. With its brisk, clean air, lush neon green forests, and unbelievable ocean sunsets, it's guaranteed to bring out the laid-back survivalist in you. Equidistant to the wild woods of the Pacific Northwest and a stone's throw from San Francisco's psychedelic heritage, Big Sur offers the perfect West Coast blend, so we've collected a roundup of everything you'll need to head into the redwoods. All will come in handy when taking a dip in McWay Falls at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, hiking the Tanbark Trail, or even relaxing in a hot tub (and some Pacific views) at the Post Ranch Inn.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times