Gwyneth Paltrow is having a big month: Iron Man 3 hits theaters this weekend; her second cookbook, It’s All Good, was just released; in spite of that optimistic title, Star’s readers recently voted her “most-hated,” ahead of lady-puncher Chris Brown; and then, a mere eight days later, People named her Most Beautiful. So, it’s official: Gwyneth does everything. This is a woman who wears the nickname GOOP with a measure of actual dignity, and sported a cape to the Oscars with regal panache. But what is her track record really? We dug through old red-carpet photos and found that, in terms of fashion, Gwyneth has historically gotten it so very wrong a lot more often than she’s gotten it right. Click through the slideshow to see her style missteps through the years. Do they humanize her, or just irritate you further? Either way, let’s be honest: If it will give us her abs, we’re totally buying that cookbook.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
- Amy Adams Covered Herself in Black Lace
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to a Gay Bar
- Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle