All was glinted at uptown department store Fivestory on Tuesday night, as Swarovski and the CFDA hosted an event to celebrate the limited-edition Objets d'Art Collection designed by the nominees of the 2013 CFDA Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent. Nominees including Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters (of Creatures of the Wind), Irene Neuwirth, and Jennifer Meyer were each asked to select an item they love and customize it with Swarovski elements to create a piece showing off the brand's aesthetic. Each one-of-a-kind item was up for sale, with all proceeds benefitting Free Arts NYC, and three of them sold before the party even began: a crystal-encrusted cactus by Suno's Erin Beatty and Max Osterweis, Pamela Love's shiny bow and arrow set, and a rad black-embellished bike from Public School's Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne. As store owner Claire Distenfeld, Steven Kolb, and Natalie Joos crowded the super-packed space, Todd Snyder explained to the Cut he needed tweezers to update a pair of classic New Balance sneakers with bling. They’re still on display — along with the rest of the items, sold or not — at Fivestory through June 3, the same day as the annual CFDA awards.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb