After what feels like dozens of Gatsby-themed parties, the movie itself finally premiered in New York last night. The red carpet seemed like a warm-up for next week's Met Gala, with fashion people like Anna Wintour, André Leon Talley, Jenna Lyons, and Franca Sozzani in attendance. Of course, the movie's whole cast was there, including Leonardo DiCaprio (who brought his mom, Irmelin, as his date), Carey Mulligan (in red Lanvin), Tobey Maguire, Joel Edgerton, and Isla Fisher, and soundtrack mastermind Jay-Z (sans Beyoncé, who's still on the road, sadly). And finally, Martha Stewart showed up in gold sequined pants. Enjoy our slideshow and think about how much you'll miss this Gatsby publicity when it's all over.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split