Kim Kardashian continues to perform her signature attention alchemy, turning the most banal of human experiences into mass media feeding frenzies, on the cover of Us Weekly. Have the corporeal changes associated with pregnancy ever been so riveting, so capable of selling magazines, so adroit at inspiring discussions that absolutely everyone hates having, but we can't stop having them, for some reason?
Which brings us to Kim's Us Weekly cover, featuring a pregnant string bikini picture from the Kardashian family's recent trip to Greece. My reactions, upon falling into a trance while gazing it at, were the following:
• Is this the skimpiest string bikini ever worn by a pregnant lady? My "pregnant string bikini" Google search yielded many results (string bikinis are adjustable, after all) but none with a coverage-to-string ratio as low as that of Kim's bottoms.
• Googling "pregnant thong bikini," on the other hand, yields very little. Opportunity?
• Those braids! Do you think Kim watches Game of Thrones?
• If the Kardashians were a Game of Thrones family, would they be wealth-obsessed Lannisters? Or would they be Dothraki warriors, slicking their long black hair into tight, oiled ponytails before entering the red-carpet battlefield?
• Those are the most well-moisturized knees I have ever seen.
• When your "Family Vacation Album" appears in the form of exclusive paparazzi images for which you styled yourself with full makeup, designer garments, and professional hairdos, do you put the magazine in your scrapbook? Or does Us Weekly send you a copy bound in leather, as a thank-you?
• The article says Kim is "loving the seventh month." Don't most women's bellybuttons "pop" by then?
• Can someone photoshop her floral Givenchy glove-sleeves onto this bikini, please?
Most Viewed Stories
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Angelina Jolie Got Everything She Wanted in Temporary Divorce Deal With Brad Pitt
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutChris Hemsworth Presents His Glorious Bottom for All the World to See
A new angle.Elizabeth Warren Just Said What Most Women Wish They Could to Donald Trump
She went on a Friday tweetstorm.Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on Why Being a Feminist and Loving Makeup Aren’t Mutually Exclusive
Contrary to that egg’s recent tweet.Yes, You Should Intervene If You Think a Child Is Being Abused
The safety of the child should come first.Gigi Hadid Is Now Designing Fall Boots
Would you wear the “Gigi”?Of Course These Two Celebrities Are Friends
They ate raw food together at a vegan restaurant.Postwar Elegance Captured by a Groundbreaking Female Photographer
Photographs from the new book Inge Morath: On Style.Joe Biden Spoke Out Against Rape Culture on The Tonight Show
“Any man who takes a drunk woman up the stairs in a fraternity house is a damn coward, man.”Samantha Bee, Gloria Steinem, Gayle King, and More Women Told Us How to Deal With Mansplainers
Samantha Bee’s advice: “I clamsplain right back.”These Diamonds Are As Cool As They Are Affordable
Simple studs for multiple holes.
Balmain, Rick Owens, and Galliano at Margiela deliver.The Mad-Scientist Designer Making Clothes From a Single Thread
Designer Jeanne Vicerial is pushing the limits of what we consider fashion.What Does Girl-Power Makeup Look Like?
Dior’s first female creative director has a simple interpretation.The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
Annie and Robin Korkki were found dead in a private Seychelles villa.Gwyneth Paltrow Tortures Her Trainer by Playing Justin Timberlake on Repeat
Tracy Anderson admits she hates training Gwyneth Paltrow.Here’s a Depressing But Helpful Suggestion: Buy Your Winter Stuff Now
Because nothing is worse than trudging through a snow pile in a thin coat and leaky boots.Jessica Biel Sees Your Shower Beer and Raises You a Shower Chicken-Apple Sausage
Sounds complicated.In This Life, You Are Either a Barack or a Bill
One's kind of uptight, the other's super chill.Rihanna and Mac Miller Partied This Week
Plus: Karlie Kloss, Ariana Grande, Cam’ron.Treat Yourself: A Pair of Lush Burgundy Boots
Like wearing autumn on your feet.