Maybe if Anna Wintour had been a punk in her time, both her and Iggy's social circles would've collided and "the godfather of punk" could have been Wintour's one-time lover. But unfortunately, this clearly did not happen (though we can never know for sure). In commemoration of the Met Gala tonight, we wanted to honor this punk legend — and his abs. The Stooges frontman always had a thing for performing sans shirt (even well into his 60s), showing off his leathery torso while swinging his sweat-drenched mane around as he pounded on his guitar. Sometimes, he'd even lose his pants. Watch Iggy and The Stooges performing live in the '70s, below, to brace yourself for fashion's punk scene that will be descending on the Met Gala's steps in less than an hour.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split