Italian designers showing their collections in cities other than Milan have recently felt the heat of the country's Chamber of Fashion members (and their very own designer brethren) breathing down their backs. The Chamber is currently in the midst of revamping Milan Fashion Week and Giorgio Armani also shared his thoughts on the issue, arguing the most effective way to put all wandering eyes back on Milan would be for all leading Italian houses to return and only show their collections in their homeland. But according to British Vogue, Miuccia Prada won't be heeding those words. While Prada shows in Milan, Miu Miu has been showing in Paris since 2006, and because of timing, won't change anytime soon. The designer explained, "It's the way we work, it's impossible. Nobody does it." Prada Group's CEO Patrizio Bertelli elaborated, "Miuccia is in the studio day in and day out and into the night. She creates the shows and follows every aspect, it is materially impossible to create two shows a couple of days apart ... If there were another show a week later — she'd go there!" Barcelona, perhaps?
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb