As a good chunk of movie stars were off in Cannes this week, flashing their megawatt smiles on red carpets, the New York party scene was saturated with fashionistas, socialites, and girly D.J.'s (a.k.a Chelsea Leyland and Hannah Bronfman). Prince Harry attended a polo match at the Greenwich Polo Grounds; Aby Rosen threw a star-studded birthday bash at the Paramount Hotel, where Ashley Olsen's cheeks got pinched; Bono was snapped speed-walking; and André Leon Talley posed with a princess. Kerry Washington side-hugged Iman at an Elle and Tod's event celebrating her, and designers like Zac Posen, Peter Som, Prabal Gurung, Jason Wu, Olivier Theyskens, and Narciso Rodriguez looked happy to be celebrating the down-time. Click through the slideshow to enjoy famous faces getting loose.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Geena Davis’s Two-Step Cure for Hollywood Sexism
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies