Mother's Day always sneaks up on us and before we know it, we're scrambling to find a gift that aptly expresses the love and appreciation we have for the women who raised us. After all, they labored us into existence, got us out of bubble baths and into beds, to school and play dates, endured our teenage years and quarter-life crisis, and never even got paid for it. Since all of the Cut staff seems to have a different kind of mom to shop for, we've shamelessly stereotyped each personality and come up with what we hope will be a helpful list of 40+ gifts, even if your mom doesn't fit neatly into our categories — like gorgeous new reading glasses for our bookworming "lit mom"; organic teas and re-purposed plastic for our "wholefoods mom"; a custom instagram watch for our "techno mom," and the list goes on and on. We have options for every pay grade, and plenty of splurge-y ideas for going in on with siblings (or with dad).
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000