Late last month, New York considered a cover for a series of stories related to the Costume Institute’s annual fashion exhibit, which focuses on punk this year. Then the Boston Marathon bombings and ensuing manhunt happened, and the magazine switched to a related image. Now, as we look forward to socialites in safety pins, leather, and who knows what else at the Met’s gala tonight, here’s a look at one of the covers that was originally under consideration: Anna Wintour as a punk, illustrated by Darrow. She’s still got a few precious hours to head out for Manic Panic.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives