We talked a lot about surfing and getaways last week, but a quiet day off in the city can be one of the more enjoyable moments of summer. Luckily, the sun finally came out on Monday, and a few of the people out and about in Manhattan did their best to enjoy it in short dresses, crop tops, and statement sunglasses, but many stuck to a wardrobe of layers that felt reminiscent of San Francisco: jeans, ankle boots, scarves. Cut photographer Bek Anderson captured the lazy mood and cute accessories of the Memorial Day Staycationers, getting one lovely, androgynous ballet dancer in high-waisted shorts, sneakers, and a silk bed jacket to do an impromptu performance. Click through the slideshow ahead for all that and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Pregnancy Rates Falling in America
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas