Rihanna's personal style has evolved drastically from her "Pon de Replay" days. As she's ascended into R&B-slash-pop stardom, the entertainer cultivated her own look by making some daring sartorial choices (like shaving off the sides of her hair or showing her nipples) to finally rest comfortably in her fashion icon throne, improbably dressed in sweatpants and heels. Her appreciation for casual streetwear — whether that means fierce haircuts, unabashed use of color, loud print-mixing, or Timberland boots — has trickled down to the streets and, especially, to her fans. The Cut's Bek Andersen visited the Barclays Center in Brooklyn last night, before RiRi's final show in New York, snapping some of the most-inspired looks on the young and diverse crowd. Click through to see women rocking partially shaven hair, bright-pink heeled combat boots, studded leggings, multicolored Jeremy Scott x Adidas sneakers, and more. Sadly, no umbrellas.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel