Before the weekend, we announced the launch of Josie Maran Argan Self-Tanning Body Wash. We couldn't tell you the IRL results because we hadn't received the actual stuff yet, but the package arrived just as Friday's workday was ending. Here is a list of things to expect if you have purchased (but haven't used) or plan on purchasing your very own bottle.
1. Do not be alarmed. The "body wash" is very dark. In fact, the foam will make you think you've just pumped out the most airy, lightweight dollop of dark-chocolate brownie mix onto your sponge. It also smells sweetly of vanilla and coconut, which might actually convince you this is dessert.
2. Do follow the directions and use the provided loofah. My press sample did not include said wooden-handled loofah, so I used my own and held the sponge in my hand. Your palm will immediately turn a frightening shade of shoe-polish black.
3. Do use the pair of rubber gloves included in the kit. As creepy and American Pyscho–y as it feels to pull on a set of gloves while in the shower, it would've saved me the twenty extra minutes I had to spend basically scratching the self-tanning agent off my hands. Post-shower, my cuticles looked like they were caked in soil.
4. Do accept that you might have streaky drips of tanner. Because you are applying the product to your body in a wet, steamy environment, the likelihood of the formula dripping down your body will mean that in certain spots you'll end up with dark, runny streaks. The directions do advise to apply the stuff in swift, circular motions ... maybe I wasn't speedy enough?
5. Do keep a container of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes nearby. After you've rinsed off the body wash and stepped out of the tub, you will see that some parts of the shower are now left with streaky remnants of the tanning formula. Because I wasn't sure of the product's tub-staining abilities, I grabbed the first thing from under my bathroom sink (in this case, Clorox wipes) and went at it. A few minutes later, there were no leftover stains. My bathroom no longer looked like a Kardashian had melted inside.
If you follow the exact directions and heed my warnings, then you should have a nice, subtly bronzy, streak-free glow, which 95 percent of my body possesses. When I figure out how to keep the product from dripping during its 30-second "setting" time, I'll let you know.
Most Viewed Stories
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Democratic Women Senators Are Very Concerned About Donald Trump’s Weight
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Kim Kardashian Assaulted by the Same Guy Who Grabbed Gigi Hadid
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesAll the Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Wide-leg pants, boot game, Karlie Kloss.Can I Ask My Parents to Pay for Grad School Instead of My Wedding?
It would be a much better use of the money!We’re One Step Closer to Getting a Degree in Beyoncé Studies With New Lemonade Class
Get us a new student loan ASAP.Inside a Design Guru’s Enviable London Home
Rita Konig’s flat is one of the reasons you want to sign up for her workshops, starting October 14, here in New York City.25 Famous Women on Overcoming Rejection
Sylvia Plath, Yoko Ono, Misty Copeland, and more women on rising above it all.Young Republicans Love to Dress Like Your Worst Preppy Nightmare
Their favorite brands include Tory Burch, Brooks Brothers, and Walmart.Watch Alexander Wang’s Model Squad Raid a Beverly Hills Mansion
In a new fall 2016 campaign video exclusive.The Best Hair Gel Is Slightly X-Rated
With a name that’s not safe for work.Trump Wanted L.A. Golf Club to Fire Employees Who Were ‘Not Attractive Enough’
“Mr. Trump doesn’t like fat people.”New Lacoste Logo Is the Old Lacoste Logo After It Went to Burning Man
What a personal reinvention.
“All she had to do was step out of his way while he called a woman fat.”I’m Trying to Be Unbiased About This Article, But It’s Written by a Man So I Can’t
I tried. Sad!What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
“I still have moments when I think, I cannot believe he’s the Republican nominee.”Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
The tabloids now insist Pitt is a really good dad.Completely Missing the Point, Newt Gingrich Says ‘You’re Not Supposed to Gain 60 Pounds’ While Miss Universe
Newt … thank you.Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Have Been ‘Texting,’ Because Even Famous People Aren’t Above Trying to Be Friends With Their Exes
They’ve reportedly buried the hatchet.Teen Asking Self to Homecoming Is the New John Cusack Holding a Boom Box Over His Head
He said yes.Megyn Kelly Roasts Trump’s Campaign Manager for Claiming He Doesn’t Make Sexist Comments
“Kellyanne, this is an issue for him, is it not?”Is Your Hormonal Birth Control Making You Depressed?
A new study found a link between hormonal birth control and depression.Trump Campaign Has Sexist Plan to Fight Allegations of Sexism
Talking points say they should hammer Hillary for Bill’s sex scandals, though even Republicans think that’s a terrible idea.