Unabashedly feminine, calmly pretty, and never too saccharine — blush hues feel almost edgy this time of year. Softer than stark whites or nudes, pale shades of pink are a refreshing choice when you just want something easy to wear that still adds a little color. Perhaps that's why they're appearing in the fall (Dior, Céline, Miu Miu) and resort (Acne Studios, Altuzarra) collections, as these shades are literally easy on the eyes, and go well with a tan even after it fades. Pair these pinks with whites and other neutrals for a light, summer palette or with darker shades of fuchsia and cranberry for a monochromatic look. In more refined silhouettes, like Zara's double-breasted jacket or sporty silhouettes like ICB's knit dress, these pieces avoid froufrou territory (the opposite of Gwyneth's dress when she won the Oscar, or Andie Walsh's homemade prom dress in Pretty in Pink). Click ahead to see a range of options to take you into the seasons ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
69 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 69 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time
- Lindsay Lohan Implicated in Hilton Bro Beating
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack