While ties make a perfectly fine Father’s Day gift — for your actual dad, your husband, or the neighbor with a newborn — most men probably have enough neckwear. And it’s an oddly outdated gift in the way that most work environments don’t seem to require them (unless you’re starring in Mad Men sometime soon). So why not get the dad(s) in your life something less expected? He’ll love that you put more thought into this Sunday’s proceedings, and the gift can even come from the same well-known brands and stores as the aformentioned silk accessories. Ahead, click to browse 30 smart swap-out options, featuring wallets, desk ephemera, new clothes, and other non-boring gift ideas.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken