Sofia Coppola's new movie, The Bling Ring, is all about swag. The film (opening nationwide June 21 and in New York and L.A. on June 14) follows five teenagers who "go shopping" in their favorite celebrity closets, without, of course, said celebrities knowing — or, in the case of Paris Hilton, even noticing. Based on Nancy Jo Sales's Vanity Fair feature detailing the real-life Hollywood Hills burglaries, the film's costume designer Stacey Battat faced the challenge of re-creating the blingy, clubwear-heavy looks that could have been stolen from celebs like Audrina Patridge, Miranda Kerr, and Rachel Bilson. Watch the video to hear how Battat re-created Paris Hilton's closet, took the Hermione Granger out of Emma Watson, and chose all those Louboutins.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her