The five-day horse racing event in Berkshire, England will reach its end tomorrow in a finale that will likely double as a mass display of the most extravagant head toppers known to man. So far, Royal Ascot 2013 has surely satisfied every hat lover's (and milliner's) wildest, craziest dreams. Members of the royal family showed up in endearing outfits reminiscent of Easter eggs while certain commoners made sure to steal the spotlight. The previously unnamed lady at Cannes (now known as Larisa Katz) who wore a gown made out of biscuit trays upped her game, wearing a translucent hat made of what looks like gold tin can lids. Others outdid Katz, including a woman named Tracy Rose, who donned a structure that she needed to stabilize with two hands. Click through the slides to see the most extravagant (fanciest and campiest) hats so far. And a belated hats off to Queen Elizabeth II and her horse for winning the Gold Cup. We're sure it'll look good in Buckingham Palace.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel