Balmy summer evenings are great for lounging outdoors, preferably with a cocktail in hand. Sleeping through the sticky nights are a different story. Wearing an old tank top and shorts to bed can turn into hours of tossing and turning, especially if you opt to forgo the air conditioner. Enter the slip, a filmy lightweight piece that feels like you're wearing almost nothing at all. For the lingerie newbie, one like Fog Linen Work's white linen version or Anthropologie's whimsical polka dot chemise feel casual and soft against the skin, much like your trusty college tee. For those who are committed to splurging on a luxurious option, Stella McCartney and Samantha Chang both offer up subtly sexy styles that mix lace and silk and are worth the extra investment. Click ahead to see all of the airy options, perfect for the inevitable heat waves that are imminent.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel