As you have perhaps heard by now, Kanye West's baby sprang from Kim Kardashian's loins on Saturday. Born one day before Father's Day and three days before Kanye's Yeezus album release, the much-anticipated infant could go platinum by the end of the week. Here's what we know about 32-year-old Kim and 36-year-old Kanye's baby so far:
• Kimchee. Kaya. Kite. Kale. Kinetoplastid protozoa. (Just spitballing.)
• "She has dark hair. She looks just like Kim," reports E! News.
• No pictures yet, but lots of creepy artist renderings. Daniel Edwards, the artist who imagined Britney giving birth on a bearskin rug and Kim as a fertility goddess, recently cast Kimye's baby in bronze. Update: Kim's ex Reggie Bush "debuted" the baby he had with his "Kim lookalike" girlfriend yesterday. If Kim's baby "looks just like Kim," and Reggie's girlfriend "looks just like Kim," then maybe the babies look alike, too? Reggie's daughter's name is Briseis, so let's add "Kriseis" to the Kimye baby name list.
• "[Kim] started having contractions Friday night and went into full labor early Saturday AM," TMZ reports. "E! Online—home network of the Keeping Up With the Kardashians—reported Kim had a natural childbirth. But witnesses said that she was wheeled into a recovery room reserved for mothers who had given birth by Caesarean section," notes a suspicious New York Daily News.
• Last night's Keeping Up depicted Kim hospitalized with an appendicitis and stomach infection, mid-pregnancy. "It feels like I am in labor. Why is this happening to me? I hate it; I can never do this again," she said.
• Kanye was present at the birth and canceled his appearance at a release party for Yeezus. After spending time with her new grandchild at Cedars-Sinai hospital, Kris Jenner walked the red carpet for the Daytime Emmys last night. The baby, she said, is "beautiful" and doing fine.
• Report from the trenches: "It is pandemonium in here, but Kanye is celebrating his first Father's Day. This may finally make him not so angry all the time. He may soften up because he has always wanted a girl."BEGIN SLIDESHOW
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
Why You Should Never Wear These Two Items Two Days In A Row
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutThis IUD Ad Is Actually About Staten Island
Even your birth control doesn’t want to take the ferry.7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Think again.Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
It's like whiskey dick, but with weed.The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.5 Things I Want to Wear From Paris: Part 3
Stripes, embroidered separates, and Céline studded boots.Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
And how she's helping her daughter navigate the pressures of the modeling industry.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
A helpful guide.
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Toni Morrison on Forgiveness, Segregation, and Why She’d Rather Be a Citizen Than a Taxpayer
Quotes from her talk at the New Yorker Festival.Zendaya Floated Around Paris Like a Cloud
Dreamy.Would You Date a Guy on a Hoverboard? A Survey
An important poll for our time.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.See Our Exclusive Portfolio From Paris Fashion Week
Another fashion month dispatch from photographer Tomasz Lazar.Americans Just Want to Eat in Peace — So They Hide It
We're a nation who hides our snacks.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
Ouch.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.