As you have perhaps heard by now, Kanye West's baby sprang from Kim Kardashian's loins on Saturday. Born one day before Father's Day and three days before Kanye's Yeezus album release, the much-anticipated infant could go platinum by the end of the week. Here's what we know about 32-year-old Kim and 36-year-old Kanye's baby so far:
• Kimchee. Kaya. Kite. Kale. Kinetoplastid protozoa. (Just spitballing.)
• "She has dark hair. She looks just like Kim," reports E! News.
• No pictures yet, but lots of creepy artist renderings. Daniel Edwards, the artist who imagined Britney giving birth on a bearskin rug and Kim as a fertility goddess, recently cast Kimye's baby in bronze. Update: Kim's ex Reggie Bush "debuted" the baby he had with his "Kim lookalike" girlfriend yesterday. If Kim's baby "looks just like Kim," and Reggie's girlfriend "looks just like Kim," then maybe the babies look alike, too? Reggie's daughter's name is Briseis, so let's add "Kriseis" to the Kimye baby name list.
• "[Kim] started having contractions Friday night and went into full labor early Saturday AM," TMZ reports. "E! Online—home network of the Keeping Up With the Kardashians—reported Kim had a natural childbirth. But witnesses said that she was wheeled into a recovery room reserved for mothers who had given birth by Caesarean section," notes a suspicious New York Daily News.
• Last night's Keeping Up depicted Kim hospitalized with an appendicitis and stomach infection, mid-pregnancy. "It feels like I am in labor. Why is this happening to me? I hate it; I can never do this again," she said.
• Kanye was present at the birth and canceled his appearance at a release party for Yeezus. After spending time with her new grandchild at Cedars-Sinai hospital, Kris Jenner walked the red carpet for the Daytime Emmys last night. The baby, she said, is "beautiful" and doing fine.
• Report from the trenches: "It is pandemonium in here, but Kanye is celebrating his first Father's Day. This may finally make him not so angry all the time. He may soften up because he has always wanted a girl."BEGIN SLIDESHOW
Most Viewed Stories
That Awkward Clip of Donald and Melania at the Inauguration Is Definitely Real
Sean Spicer Chews and Swallows 35 Pieces of Gum Every Day Before Noon
The Future of the Left Is Female
Trump’s Latest Executive Order Will Affect Women’s Health Worldwide
State Rep. Says Making Abortion a Crime Would Force Women to Be ‘More Personally Responsible’
Kellyanne Conway Reportedly Punched a Man at an Inaugural Ball
Museums Across the World Are Collecting Women’s March Signs
Ask a Boss: I’m a Bad Employee, But I Can’t Do Anything About It!
The ‘Natural’ Skin-care Line Sephora Can’t Keep in Stock
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutHarlem and Hollywood, Captured in the 1960s
See portraits by Adger Cowans from the new book Personal Vision.Unearthed Video Reveals Kellyanne Conway’s Dark Past in Stand-up Comedy
A clip from 1998 has surfaced.I Stand With This Pic of Joshua Jackson
The actor posed for this great photo after the Women’s March at Sundance.Thousands of Women Took Over the Utah State Capitol on Monday to Fight for Their Rights
“I’m sick and tired of men making laws about our bodies and our choices and our lives without consulting us.”The Hidden Meaning Behind Corinne’s Bachelor Naps
There’s more to this than meets the eye.The Number of American Women Taking Maternity Leave Hasn’t Changed in 22 Years
And half of all women are still not getting paid leave.Democratic Congresswoman Is Getting Really Tired of Asking the Same Damn Question
“Where are the women?”Teaching My Mixed-Race Daughter About Activism
“Being an activist while trying to preserve the beautiful optimism that my 9-year-old carries so gracefully on her shoulders can be difficult.”Constance Wu Is Disgusted by Casey Affleck’s Oscar Nomination: ‘Art Isn’t About Humanity, Right?
The Manchester by the Sea actor has been accused of sexual harassment.Pets Will Be Treated Similarly to Children in Alaska Divorce Courts
An Alaska amendment that recently went into effect will consider pets during custody battles.
Baseball caps, black velvet, feminist Dior T-shirts.Justin Bieber, Who Knows What’s Up, Went to the Movies by Himself and Ordered Nachos ‘Off the Menu’
He also finally got a haircut.Two Congresswomen Introduced a Bill to Protest Trump’s Anti-Abortion Move
Trump reinstated the rule on Monday.Vetements Gave All Its Invitees Fake IDs for Today’s Show
Finding new ways to make couture week transgressive.Gina Miller, the Woman Known as ‘Brexit-Wrecker,’ Has Suffered Months of Online Abuse
Gina Miller won a court battle that could change the way Brexit is carried out.State Rep. Says Making Abortion a Crime Would Force Women to Be ‘More Personally Responsible’
Tony Tinderholt, the Texas lawmaker attempting to make abortion illegal in his state, spoke to the Texas Observer about his bill.11 Winterproof Moisturizers for Your Seriously Dry Face
Here are the best ones.Shailene Woodley Spent Sundance Protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline
Nobody protests harder than Shailene.Angelina Jolie’s First Perfume Will Earn a Lot of Money for Charity
It should smell good too.Erin Andrews Opens Up About Her Battle Against Cervical Cancer
The diagnosis came after her peephole-video trial.