As Barneys New York continues its hunt to sell exclusive luxury product other stores don’t have, they convinced Proenza Schouler to rerelease their first-ever collection this month as a way of celebrating the label's tenth anniversary. Though many items in the capsule have been updated with new fits and fabrications, these were the pieces that the department store notoriously bought after seeing Jack and Lazaro's Parsons student show, launching the young duo’s career. In addition to commissioning the line, creative director Dennis Freedman partnered with the designers on the display windows in the slideshow below. They’re based around the idea of “experiments,” a representative from Barneys shares, with moving tanks of liquid and lasers. If only the Proenza boys had decided to make GIFs to send our way, instead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season