Today, the fraternal twins who were catapulted to fame by stealing America's hearts playing the wee Michelle Tanner on Full House turn 27 years old. (To put everything in perspective, they've been in front of the camera since they were 9 months old.) Though the two spent the majority of their first decade cheesing on red carpets in delightful matching getups, they managed to take charge of their own identities and personal styles around the time the daring Mary-Kate first dyed her hair brown upon entering adulthood. Shortly after, the duo used their collective brainpower for fashion, launching the Row and Elizabeth & James. To celebrate their birth, click through each of their look books for a trip back to the nineties — and to see how Mary-Kate and Ashley each morphed into the individual women they are today.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Meet the Quad-Daters: Two BFFs Seeking Same
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’