Known as much for her crazy costumes as she is for her music, Lady Gaga's sartorial choices define her image. From hair bows made out of hair and a Cruella DeVille dye job to a muppet suit and a meat dress, the pop star tries to cross lines and ruffle feathers with each new fashion statement. While even her daywear tends to be unconventional, Gaga does choose pieces from popular designers like Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, and Versace, but puts her own extreme spin on it. Whether she's trying to send a political message — which she often does through Twitter account, sharing her feelings about the Defense Against Marriage Act again today — or just going for shock value, the "Born This Way" singer's wardrobe choices are never boring, even in her most dressed-down state. See the star's ever-evolving style, from her best airport looks to performance outfits in our look book.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split