This Thursday, Henry Cavill will be the next incredibly attractive man to put on some shiny spandex as the world's most famous superhero, in Man of Steel. There's a long history of hot men in the iconic Superman bodysuit — since Kirk Alyn first played the role in 1948, chiseled dudes with square jawlines and thick hair have been appearing on TV and in movies in different iterations of the hunky hero. Whether they're on the beefier, bodybuilder side or faster than a speeding bullet except when applying hair gel, all of these men have abs of steel, hearts of gold, and that irresistible habit of saving the world. So take a look back at some of the hottest men in tights (and capes), from Christopher Reeve to Dean Cain. Who doesn't love a man in uniform?
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split