While watching Man of Steel, the only words my friend could muster upon seeing a bearded, topless Henry Cavill emerge from an ocean after saving lives and losing his shirt were, "He's. So. Jacked." I lost the power to blink. His pecs were pulsing, biceps bulging, and his abs actually looked like washboards. Vulture even dedicated a post to the hypnotizing effect of his fur chest that would not be tamed. To get an understanding of how Cavill carved his body into a bulging mass of Superman muscle, watch the National Guard ad below. It stars him. It's called "Soldiers of Steel." It features Cavill doing delightful things, like speaking in his British accent and flexing those gigantic, sweat-glistened muscles forever.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?