Like many women, Melissa McCarthy had phases of stressing out about her weight. (It probably didn't help that red carpet interviewers couldn't find anything better to gush over than her "voluptuousness" and how "we love to eat.") "At 20 you don't have any responsibilities, so of course you're a shallow narcissist. You can't appreciate anything, you're so self-absorbed," she tells More magazine, adding that she's fluctuated between "every size in the world," including a 6. "I bought into it — I should be taller, thinner, have better hair. But I think that's part of being young ... Now, especially with kids, you lose any sense of time or energy to worry about all the little stuff. It's like the chip was taken out." And thank goodness for that, because she has more important things to do, like be goddamn hilarious.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken