Landing the cover of British Elle at the age of 15, Naomi Campbell set a high bar for her career from the start. The British model would go on to achieve supermodel status, walking in shows from Azzedine Alaïa to Oscar de la Renta, then becoming a personal favorite of Gianni Versace's. Making up one third of "the Trinity" with fellow supes Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell was in high demand in the early nineties for her dramatic look, even despite her dramatic temperament. Never one for subtlety, the model often opts for sheer dresses, thigh-skimming skirts, and low necklines on the red carpet. Even now, as you'll see when you look back at her style evolution in our slideshow below.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives