The Italian designer recently chatted with Vogue U.K. and spurted out classic Cavalli gems about both the duchess ("A princess should be sexy") and Victoria Beckham ("I remember when she asked me to design the Spice Girls costumes for the reunion in 2008, I was so surprised and pleased because I really didn't like the competition — Dolce & Gabbana"). More surprisingly, he also shared a silly tidbit about himself that involved a used cigarette and the Internet. "At the Cavalli for H&M launch in 2007, I stepped out of the car smoking and dropped my cigarette on the pavement — a disgusting, dirty Italian habit — and I found out not long afterwards that it was sold on eBay for £250," he said. "My children said to me, 'You are not allowed to throw your butts away ever again, we'll have them.'" Somebody spent nearly $400 for something that touched Cavalli's mouth! That person could have purchased a new, animal-print wallet instead.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken