Even for July, it's been incredibly hot across the country, especially if you live on the West Coast. While you're probably spending most of your time hiding in the air conditioning, you still have to go outside at some point probably. Wearing a lightweight minimal maxi dress is one option (and pairing a camisole with shorts is another) but both of these aren't necessarily appropriate for the office. For the days when you require a bit more coverage than flimsy silk can provide, try the sleeveless shell top. It's an airy option that pairs well with anything from trousers to a pencil skirt. Pair Tibi's black and white printed version with a slim black skirt and heels, or add a jolt of color with Maison Martin Margiela's bright blue version layered under a blazer. For the weekend, Topshop's neon pink and slightly cropped take would look great with shorts while MSGM's patterned top goes well with a neutral A-line mini. Click ahead to see all of these and more, because there are still at least eight more weeks of this heat and humidity.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like