The swimwear on view down at 2014 Miami Swim Week proved that the one-piece is still a major trend. Hooray! Except this season, the full-coverage standby gets an ultra-sexy makeover. Like, so sexy we're not sure you can still call it a one-piece. In spite of all the really creative uses of fishnet, weaving, and impossibly thin strands of Lycra that connect the top half of these suits to the bottom, the exposed-flesh-to-fabric ratio is such that these probably shouldn't qualify as one cohesive unit. From the giant stomach keyhole at Beach Riot to the pink plastic connective chain at Dolores Cortes, click through for all the bikinis masquerading as "sensible" one-piece bathing suits so far this week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb