Mourning the loss of Jessica Simpson’s Fashion Star? Don’t, because there is a much better replacement coming to mend our broken hearts. Starting in December, you can watch a six-part television series called The Fashion Fund, which follows the ten CFDA finalists as they compete for the $300,000, career-making mentorship and Anna Wintour’s permission to become wildly successful. Each episode, airing on Ovation (what is Ovation? How do we get it?) will include the type of footage we’ve been conditioned to expect from the fashion-insider reality-TV genre: "behind-the-scenes studio visits, a Vogue photo shoot, and catwalk shows,” reports British Vogue. Condé Nast will probably ensure this is a “classy,” “intelligent” glimpse into the industry, meaning no catfights, hair pulling, or breakdowns, but who cares? This is like the Real World: Anna Wintour Edition. Someone is bound to cry.
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Meet the Quad-Daters: Two BFFs Seeking Same
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’