If you've been eagerly anticipating the first glimpse of Alexander Wang's handbags for Balenciaga, behold! For the collection, Le Dix, Wang maintains reverence for Balenciaga's history while adding his definition of modern luxury. "It was only natural that this heritage also be translated into a bag for this first collection," he said in an interview with CR. Le Dix alludes to the house's original street address and the name of Balenciaga's first scent. But as far as aesthetics go, the bags nod more to Wang's trademark streetwear minimalism, with a satchel shape that's held strong since Proenza Schouler released their PS1 bag. If anything, it's a real departure from Balenciaga's former "It" bag, the motorcycle one that dangled on the arm of every celebrity for a decade. Each silhouette in the new range comes in forest green, pale gray and, black, and they range from $995 for the pochette to $2,250 for the largest size, reports Fashionlogie, where you can see more.
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!