For their fall ads, featured today in WWD, Louis Vuitton tapped Peter Lindbergh to photograph Michelle Williams with their new line of handbags. We can't decide which is more beautiful, Williams or that geometric leather and monogrammed canvas W bag. But we're leaning toward Williams, just on the basis of her gorgeous makeup and steady, searching gaze. Makeup artist Stephane Marais combined a saturated red lip and a heavy, graphic eyebrow with the punch of an unexpected dark nail — the perfect combination of classic sophistication and edgy nineties grunge. Somehow, her look makes me want to drop $4,000 on a handbag. Rational? Totally.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza