We love an all-white look. With Wimbledon in full swing, it got us thinking about the power of white and how to wear it off-court in ways that feel more avant-garde than preppy. Take artist Terence Koh, for example. Famous for his stark choice of mirrored white sunglasses, white suits, and sneakers, he knows that there's something ethereal, severe, and rebellious (yet still playful), to rejecting all color. For better or worse, it brings out the purist in us, requiring bleach, baking soda, and a Shinto-like discipline for cleanliness. So click on to see our picks for a whiteout wardrobe this summer. Think of it as a chromatic cleanse for your closet — a visual ellipses from the hallmark noise of street style.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb