Heatwave No. 3 is currently gripping the Northeast, making it hard to step outdoors without instantly breaking into a profuse sweat. To add to your rotation of summertime heat-and-humidity-appropriate outfits, why not take a cue from street-style star Caroline Issa? Snapped while attending the menswear shows a few weeks ago, Issa threw on a slinky camisole with a mini for an easy look that will stand up to the blazing sun. Start with a loose, thin-strapped tank in silk (for optimum breathability) and tuck it into a fit-and-flare skirt, creating a body-hugging (yet not stifling) silhouette. The key to elevating these simple pieces is to cinch them with a thick black belt with gleaming hardware. It easily and elegantly camouflages any unsightly fabric bulging and shifting that tends to happen with tucked-in tops. Then finish off with your favorite flat sandal to keep the overall vibe low-key. Click ahead to see three ways to re-create a look that's perfect for days when the mercury rises above 90.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve