The art set stole the partying scene this week and showered the Hamptons with their collective wealth and creative genius. Russell Simmons threw his Fourteenth Annual Art for Life Hamptons Benefit, with a guest list that included rapper Rick Ross, Star Jones, Al Sharpton, and more. But the most confusing yet alluring event that went down: Devil's Heaven, the Twentieth Annual Watermill Center Summer Benefit. Lady Gaga appeared, all dark locks and bleached eyebrows, and seemed inseparable from performance artist Marina Abramovic. Pouty-mouthed model Lindsey Wixson also attended in a slinky red gown, along with Winona Ryder and Alan Cumming. Meanwhile, back in Manhattan, a screening at the Cinema Society lured actresses Shailene Woodley and Zosia Mamet out into the limelight. Click through the slideshow to get lost in a whirlwind of benefit parties, the Hamptons, and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve