Jay-Z didn't just name-drop a few high-fashion designers in his latest album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, but took things to the next level by naming an entire track after one lucky man: Tom Ford. And it turns out Ford's pretty pleased. The designer told WWD, "Who would not be flattered to have an entire Jay-Z track named after them? I mean, come on, it's pretty rare that something like that happens ... It's a kind of validation of one's work, as it means that one has really penetrated and made an impact on popular culture." His favorite line from the song? I don't pop Molly, I rock Tom Ford. He explained, "I love that he gets a 'high' from my clothes. I have been dressing him for years now, and I have to say I think he looks great in my clothes. [He] is one of our biggest customers. He let me know about this quite a while ago." This must explain Blue Ivy's special pink Tom Ford heels.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?