With summer in swing, there's a high probability that if you're not already attending a wedding, you know someone who is. Inevitably, the often-retold proposal stories trigger a variety of emotions — from fatigue to joy to jealousy. But, ultimately, it's fun to hear how creative people get when proposing matrimony, so we compiled a blitz of movie and TV marriage proposals. Choice moments include fireflies that spell out "Will you marry me?" (The Nutty Professor), backhanded pleas like "I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands" (Gone With the Wind), and more, which should put an end to any doubt about who has the best marriage-proposal stories: fictional characters!
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve