For the famous and partying set, Independence Day (and the days hovering around it) had basically nothing to do with fireworks. On the Fourth, Shark Attack Sounds threw the craziest party in the Hamptons at the Montauk Yacht Club, where Mr. Brainwash, Theophilus London, Chelsea Leyland, and Natalie Joos wandered about in various stages of loucheness. Jenne Lombardo and Leyland even shared a smooch. Meanwhile, in Paris, the fashion elite convened to celebrate the Fendi boutique opening with the utmost class. Sadly, there are no pictures of Karl Lagerfeld and Grace Coddington kissing while inebriated on Champagne. Click through the photos to see the juxtaposition between the true adults in fashion versus the party-loving kids.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve