Worried your assistant is so attractive you might have to sexually harass him? Just fire him! It's totally cool in Iowa, the state Supreme Court decided today. A (male) dentist acted legally when he fired his (female) assistant — whom he admitted was an excellent employee — after ten years, when he worried that his attraction to her had become a threat to his marriage. "The all-male court found that bosses can fire employees they see as threats to their marriages, even if the subordinates have not engaged in flirtatious or other inappropriate behavior," the AP reports. "The court said such firings do not count as illegal sex discrimination because they are motivated by feelings, not gender." The ruling upholds the decision it made in December, drawing wide criticism. It's a tough job market out there, so stay asexual and unlovable, everyone.
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal