Last season at the Dior couture show, Pat McGrath encrusted models' mouths with vibrant-colored crystals. It was megawatt, Vegas-style pizzazz but somehow refined and not vulgar looking at all. For this year's collection, while McGrath still embraced a sparkly effect, the shimmer — in shades of pink, berry, and bronze — was a bit more subdued. They have the essence of a metallic frosted lip look from the nineties but with a touch of contained elegance. To achieve these lips at home, it'll take more than just a swipe of metallic lipstick. If you have some diamond dust laying about, dab that on or perhaps kiss a fairy. Worst comes to worst, you can always just dab on some ultrafine metallic eyeshadow or glitter over the top.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve