Fact: When you are in prison, resources are limited. And being stuck inside a barbed-wired correctional facility means zero trips to Sephora. The prison's commissary stocks some necessities (Noxzema, shea butter, compact foundation), but it's the inmate barter system that will give you access to the beauty (and fashion) supplies you'll really need. Click to watch how the prisoners on Netflix's Orange Is the New Black got creative with duct tape, Kool-Aid, and the one multipurpose jail-time product that even real-life female prisoners can agree on: maxi pads.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel