With her insane personal archive, Tumblr-ed baby photos, and self-directed propaganda film, Beyoncé is nothing if not a publicity pioneer. Her latest gambit is to indiscreetly order vast quantities of chicken. According to the Daily Mail, Beyoncé ordered her entourage $2,200 worth of wings, chickens, veggie burgers, and sides from the Chelmsworth, England, location of Nando’s (a South African chicken chain) after the V Festival Saturday night. She used the name “Beyonce K.” In May, she dropped about $1,250 at its Dublin location. She makes herself known domestically, too: New Orlean’s Parkway Bakery and Tavern boasted on Facebook that it had made an exception to its no-delivery policy in order to send Beyoncé some po' boys after her Essence Festival performance. These semi-controlled anecdotes push all our celeb news buttons: extravagant expenditure, gracious down-to-earthness, stars' they’re-just-like-us food preferences.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach
- Best of the Style Blogs: Black-and-White Prints