We knew Sunday night’s MTV Video Music Awards were going to have big moments — the 'N Sync reunion alone blew up both Twitter and the loins of at least two generations — but after a lackluster few years of VMA fashions, we were concerned the red carpet would be a dimly populated yawn. We needn’t have fretted: Celebrities apparently took Justin Timberlake’s presence and Lady Gaga’s return to action as some kind of call to crazy arms. Here are our favorite wildly weird outfits from last night’s VMAs — but only the red-carpet part, because frankly, we’re still trying to process what happened onstage with Miley Cyrus, and that might take a few weeks.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split