"Is that naked breast-feeding yoga mom?" asked a co-worker just now as she saw me clicking through Gisele's Instagram feed. Her confusion was understandable: Gisele's photos are dominated by Sukhasana poses, beach scenes, mala beads, and the occasional naked baby photo. And today, it also became the launchpad for her new H&M campaign, which she posted between a picture of her dog and one of a mountaintop. While plenty has been written about how social media now helps models (and editors) land jobs, one wonders how often a social-media plug is actually written into people's contracts these days — or, more specifically, how much more it pays.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel