The last few years have taught us that mixing prints in the loudest and most clashing way possible is the norm. But as the weather cools off, saturated colors and patterns can feel too tropical or out of place. For a more subtle take on the styling trick, check out Diane Kruger's spin on the blouse-and-skirt combo. She chooses a star-print blouse and tucks it into a short, dotted A-line skirt; a delicate polka-dot shirt worn with a printed A-line mini is a great way to mimic the look. To finish off the outfit, Kruger adds a menswear-inspired pair of brogues, though this loafer would work equally well. Consider it a way to gently ease your wardrobe into fall.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split