Fashion Month snuck up on us as always. There we were, in our blissful Hamptons oblivion, jet-setting to European weddings, and lo and behold, we'd been neglecting our actual jobs: inspiring imitators in the Street-Style Olympics. So, as punishment, we had to spend all of Labor Day weekend shopping. Luckily all the pre-fall and fall merchandise had arrived at Barneys, Jeffrey, Opening Ceremony, and Fivestory, enabling us to put together at least one day of decent outfits: seven outfits for the waking hours (we'll change in the car, so don't mind us, Driver). For the rest of the week's looks, we plan to do some Net-a-Porter same-day delivery. Sure, we'll have spent a cool $5M by the end of the cycle, but it will be worth it for the simple joy of never having to wear the same thing twice. Click through our slideshow for fourteen great ensembles, each pegged to a seminal moment of each #NYFW day.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her